Saturday, April 9, 2011

Is technology always the answer???

Throughout this grad program, we have examined many useful technology tools and ways they can impact a classroom but it leads me to wonder if technology is always the answer.  I am fascinated with the idea that many of my students spend time reading on the computer but not from actual books.  They read from their kindle and their other e-readers but many do not pick up books for fun anymore.  Even newspapers are mostly online.  It seems so foreign to me to only read using digital means or when asked to write something students get nervous if they cannot type it using a computer.  Is technology quickly becoming the only way we work? Are we creating citizens who are too dependent on technology to solve life's problems?  I guess time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment