Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Downtime Now Means Productivity....

I remember when, as a teacher, if I did not have work to grade or lessons to plan, that time was glorious free time.  I would watch TV, catch up on some leisure reading, or just goof off.  Well, those days sure were nice.  Now, when I find myself free of grading and other teacherly responsibilities, my first thought goes to this grad internship.  Sometimes I wake up in a cold sweat and I am screaming things like "telecollaborative", "VBA", or "what standard does that address?"  Hahah....okay, maybe it's not that bad, but I do feel like a house divided.  For example, right now I know that I will collect essay from my G/T students on John Steinbeck's The Pearl come Monday and that means hours and hours and hours of grading and I feel like my attention to my internship suffers.  So, that means I need to work really hard this week to document all of the stuff I've been doing at work to support this internship.  None of this is to complain but it's worth noting that one on the most important aspects of this final project is time management and the ability to juggle many things at once.  It's also another time when I wish that I was a physical education teacher.  Talk about easier grading.....If only I had hand-eye coordination and knew anything about sports.  See, I'm already off topic.  Back to working on my internship portfolio and addressing more standards.....

No comments:

Post a Comment