Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Writing without Boundaries

Below is a sample of something I made using write board:

Click to enlarge




I have also used google docs in the past, especially when it has come to grad school.  It is a marvelous tool that has changed the way I do group projects.  I think before there was always a hesitancy to work in a group to complete a project simply based on logistics and time.  Now, you can work with others without leaving your home.  Google docs and other word processing tools are changing the way we collaborate.

A past project created with Kirstin, Leslie, Patrick, and myself




As stated above, this changes everything in the world of education.  No more will students fear working together.  No more will one student get stuck typing up the final draft while the other group members encourage on the sidelines.  And what about tellecollaboration?  Students can work together who are miles and even countries apart.  They can create a document, edit, and share with the world around them all while learnning about team work and other cultures.  What a fantastic web 2.0 technology!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that one drawback with Google Docs is that you need to have a gmail account. This is actually something Megan and I were trying to work around for our project. Thanks Steve! I am going to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete